Advantages and disadvantages of 5g network technology| 5G technology impress with its name itself, even for a person who is not initiated into the side effect of wireless communication.
We are clearly talking about new generation technologies that are superior to the already familiar 3G and 4G.
The innovation promises an increase in data transfer rate up to 10 Gb per second, super-powerful multi-channel, and low power consumption.
But along with this, potential users are waiting for some problems associated with the failure of the signal to pass through obstacles.
There must be a direct line of sight between the transmitter and the receiving device. Along with this, some concerns have already formed in the communities against this new technology. Let’s find out the details.
Advanced additions to 5G technology
Advantages and disadvantages of 5g network technology| 5G technology opens up new opportunities for both business and private customers. The name is taken from the English word fifth generation, which means the fifth generation.
The introduction of this technique should provide each user with the ability to transfer data at a speed of 10 Gb per second, with the maximum test rate for this network being 25.3 Gb per second.
In simple terms, it will be possible to download a movie at the highest quality not in a few hours or days, but in a few seconds. This is a real revolution in data transmission!
Experts are already predicting that because of such opportunities, the wi-fi network will use less and less because any device with the new standard will not depend on a router nearby.
Including the new standard will entail several changes and bring a whole host of technical features.
Of course, for the technology to work, special equipment is needed, so the leading smartphone manufacturers have already announced the release of devices capable of working in 5G:
- Xiaomi mi mix 3
- Samsung Galaxy S10
- Motorola Moto Z3
- Nokia 10
Since high-frequency waves of short length will be used, the network model will change significantly.
To emit a signal, you will not need high towers but compact transmitters at a short distance from each other.
You may like :
Best Refer and Earn Paytm cash apps in 2023 | Earn Free Paytm Cash Now
Is Groww app safe for trading?| groww app complete review
Some Companies are already building chips for cellular modems to harness the power of 5G: i,e;
The active stage of equipment production for 5G indicates that introducing new technology is not far off.
However, before looking forward to the updated networks, it is worth weighing the advantages and disadvantages of 5g network technology compared to the already familiar 4G networks.
More opportunities – more problems?
The announcement of 5G technology has inspired most people in the world. However, there were also skeptics who, even having the opportunity, would by no means rush to exchange the already familiar 4G goodies for the potential advantages and disadvantages of 5g network technology.
Advantages and Disadvantages of 5g network technology
Advantages of 5g network technology
The advantages of the future novelty are obvious, and they talk about it at every corner:
- Speed is 20 times faster than 4G
- Network delay instead of 40 milliseconds is only one millisecond
- Reduced power consumption of 5G chips
- Multi-channel, thanks to which up to a million connections can be established per square kilometer
Disadvantages of 5g network technology
- The limitation of one 5G network is only up to 150 m in size. This means that the base stations should be located at a distance of no more than 250 m from each other. Although the range, if desired, can be increased if the 5G transmitter switches to lower frequencies, as in 4G, in this case, the speed will drop to that level.
- The most notable disadvantage of high-frequency waves is their inability to pass even through obstacles such as ordinary walls, which means that inside a multi-story building with many rooms, the technology will work very poorly, if at all, which is especially unpleasant for large companies with many offices.
- If you use the network frequently, you must provide a direct line of sight between the transmitter and the receiving device. And this is not always possible, even within the same apartment.
How to protect yourself from the harm of 5G radiation?
Advantages and disadvantages of 5g network technology| Everyone understands that due to the signal strength, networks like 5G have a negative impact on the human body. And to reduce this impact, you can take a few simple steps that will significantly reduce the harm to your physical and mental health from 5G, namely:
- Put your phone in “flight mode” before going back to sleep.
- Turn off the modem an hour before going to bed.
- Turn off unnecessary electrical appliances that emit at least some activity, such as Bluetooth speakers or smart bracelets.
- Sleeping with smart bracelets, watches, and headphones is not recommended.
- Do not install the modem in the room where you sleep; if possible, remove the maximum number of electrical appliances from your room.
final word to Advantages and disadvantages of 5g network technology, If we talk about us, then, of course, we are FOR the introduction of 5G networks – now you can safely watch movies and videos in 4K and Ultra HD resolution.
You can download and transfer data quickly. Such innovations are the progress that qualitatively improves our lives.
There are a lot of advantages and disadvantages of 5g network technology, and is it worth putting up with them to increase Internet speed.
Does everyone need it? Many are not yet fully exploiting the potential of LTE, but that’s more because progress is moving faster than we think.
And 5G is worth a try if only to be ready for 6G connectivity, which is expected to be introduced as early as 2025.