All know that Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms for sharing users’ content expressions. And also have a feature to chat with each other.
However many users are facing message swipe replies that are not working. I also faced this issue on my Instagram account and I fixed this error by following the method.
In this article, I will share with you the solutions that worked for me to fix Instagram Message Swipe Reply Not Working on Android or iPhone.
How to fix Instagram Message Swipe Reply Not Working on Android or iPhone
1. Link Instagram account to Facebook
2. Restart the Instagram App
3. Update the Instagram App
4. Clear Cache and Data
5. Disable Third-Party Apps
6. Reinstall the Instagram App
7. Contact Instagram Support
Link your Instagram account to FacebookUnfortunately, this feature is not available for those who have not linked their Instagram account to Facebook. This feature only allows the users who linked Instagram to Facebook.
Here is the step-by-step guide to linking your Instagram account to your Facebook account to enable the message swipe reply feature.
1. Open the Instagram app on your device.
2. Go to your profile page by clicking the profile icon in the bottom right corner.
3. To open settings, Tap the three lines in the top right corner.
4. Select the “Settings” option.
5. Scroll down, find and select the “Account” option.
6. Tap on “Linked Accounts.”
7. Select the “Facebook” option and sign in to your Facebook account.
Once your accounts are linked to Facebook, you can use the swipe reply feature. It is the worked and highly recommended method to fix Instagram Message Swipe Reply Not Working on Android or iPhone.
Note: If you don’t have a Facebook account then you need to create a new account. If you don’t wish to create a Facebook account, you will not be able to use this message swipe reply feature on Instagram.
If you’ve already linked your Instagram to Facebook also you are facing the Instagram Message Swipe Reply Not Working on Android or iPhone. Then follow these alternative methods.
Alternative methods to fix message swipe reply not working on Instagram
1. Restart the Instagram App
Sometimes the smartphone glitches cause this error. The first method is to fix Instagram Message Swipe Reply Not Working on Android or iPhone is restarting your smartphone.
Simply restart and reopen the app. It will fix many issues like Instagram’s invalid parameter error.
2. Update the Instagram App
The outdated or older version of the Instagram app also causes the same error. To fix this update the app from the app or play store
- Open the app store/ play store
- Search for Instagram
- Check for updates and tap for update
3. Clear Cache and Data
Cached files in your smartphone will cause the same error. To fix this error you should clear the cached files of the app from your settings.
Clear the cache to Fix Instagram Message Swipe Reply Not Working on Android or iPhone by following the guide:
For iPhone :
- Open iPhone Settings
- Scroll down and click on General
- Tap on the iPhone storage option
- Scroll down and find the Instagram app, Then open it.
For Android :
- Open Settings of your device
- Scroll down and select Apps
- Then tap on the Instagram app
- Scroll down and find the Storage option. Open it…
After that follow the same steps for both iOS and Android. find the clear cache option. open and clear the cache. Now your problem is fixed.
4. Disable Third-Party Apps
If you’re using any 3rd party apps to modify the Instagram app like font modification profile modification or any other. Please disable those apps.
If you’re using 3rd party Instagram apps, delete that app. And install the official app from the Apple/Play Store.
Because these 3rd party apps can lead to this error.
5. Reinstall the Instagram App
Sometimes your smartphone Bug can cause this error. The easy trick to fix this error is to delete your app and reinstall it.
After deleting the app, restart your phone and download the app. It worked for me. You can try and it will work for you also.
6. Contact Instagram Support
If the above-mentioned methods are not working for you to fix Instagram Message Swipe Reply Not Working on Android or iPhone.
The final and perfect solution is to contact the Instagram support team from the official Instagram site or follow the below-given steps.
- Open your Instagram app
- Click on your profile picture at the bottom left corner to reach your profile page.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the right top corner
- Select settings and privacy
- Scroll down and find the help option in the more info and support section.
By following the guide you can fix Instagram Message Swipe Reply Not Working on Android or iPhone. I’m using an iPhone. I fixed this issue successfully with these tricks.
If you found a solution, share this article with your friends who are facing the same issue.
If it’s not working or facing any other issues comment below or feel free to contact us. We will try to fix your tech-related issues successfully. Thank you.
1. Why can’t I swipe to reply on Instagram on my iPhone?
This feature is only available for those users who linked Instagram accounts to Facebook accounts.
If you’ve already linked your Instagram to Facebook. further you’re facing the same issue. Then follow the alternative methods given in this article.
2. How do you swipe and reply on Instagram IOS?
Swipe right to the specific message. Then you’ll be able to use the swipe reply feature.
3. Why is my Instagram not showing the reply option on Android?
It’s because of device glitches. Clear the cache, reinstall the app, and restart your phone. It will fix your issue.