Recently I faced some error while sending the message that showed “Message Not Sent Service not Activated on Network”. I have tried many methods to solve this error by searching on social platforms and asking friends.
Finally, I have fixed the “Message Not Sent Service not Activated on Network” issue on sending MMS.
If you are facing the same issue. Don’t worry! You are in the right place. Here are the detailed solutions. I will share a step-by-step guide to fix this error, that’s worked for me.
What Does “Message Not Sent Service Not Activated On Network” Mean?
Message sending (MMS) service is not activated on your sim. This means the MMS sending service is not available or not active on your SIM card. And it’s not included in your current pack.
What is the reason for the “Message Not Sent Service Not Activated On Network” Error?
The simple reason causing this error is
- sending an MMS charge is expensive in your country
- MMS service is not available in your current package
- While sending messages you are added emojis, links, pictures, contact details, or other unsupported formats, etc.
- Sometimes large SMS causes the same issue.
If your package has MMS Service then you do not need to worry. Even though you are facing this error then this is the working solution for you.
How to fix “Message Not Sent Service Not Activated On Network”?
1. Check MMS settings
You have to ensure MMS settings are enabled on your device. In some devices, it is automatically enabled when inserting / setting up your SIM card
If not, then using the following guide you can easily enable MMS settings on your iPhone (iOS) and Android.
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down and open “Messages”
- Scroll down you can find MMS Messaging, tap and Enable.
For Android :
- Go to Settings
- Search and open Mobile Network
- Then enable the MMS setting on Access point Names(APN’s)
By using Messages App you are also able to do MMS Service settings. follow this video tutorial for a complete guide.
2. Checking for an update
Check updates in your iOS and Android. Sometimes this will cause the Message Not Sent Service not Activated on the Network in your device.
To fix this open your Play Store or Apple Store and search for messages app. Then check for updates. If available, update your messages app.
3. Clearing the cache and enabling the permissions
Cached files in your app will cause the same error. To fix this you should clear the cached data of the app. To clear the cache follow below given guide.
For iPhone :
- Open iPhone Settings
- Scroll down and click on General
- Tap on the iPhone storage option
- Scroll down and find the Messages app, Then open it.
For Android :
- Open Settings of your device
- Scroll down and select Apps
- Then top on the messages app
- Scroll down and find the Storage option. Open it.
After that, both in iOS and Android you can find the clear cache option. open and clear the cache. This method also works to Fix Instagram Invalid Parameters Error
4. Recharge pack
Check your current recharge pack, because many recharge packs do not include MMS sending service.
To check MMS sending availability in your pack, open an authorized app or website of your SIM card providers.
For complete detailed solutions contact the support team of the network provider. This will give the perfect solution for the Message Not Sent Service not Activated on the Network in your device.
5. Disable all settings.
Reset your camera settings. And disable high-quality image options on cameras such as HDR. Different devices have different options.
In many devices, the HDR option is available at the right top corners. By disabling that you can reduce your image sizes.
The reason behind disabling camera settings is: that in most cases, MMS is not sent because of large image size, long chat or high-resolution images, etc.
6. Restarting your phone
Sometimes this error happens because of device glitches. To solve this problem restart your device. Then check if MMS is sending properly or not.
7. Check the SMSC code
In some cases, this error will appear when your SMS CENTRE code is wrong. To solve this error you have to refresh or update the SMSC code. You should choose the SMSC code according to your area. If you’ve forgotten the SMSC code then search on Google.
Update/ Refresh SMSC code
- Open Keypad and dial *#*#4636#*#*
- It automatically opens “Testing” settings on your device
- Then scroll down and tap on “SMSC”
- There you will find “Refresh” Open tap it.
If it is not working then directly type your network operator’s SMSC Number of your area. And, tap Update. It may not be working on iOS.
8. Contact network provider
If the above-mentioned methods are not working or you want a permanent solution then Contact the support team of the network provider accordingly.
FAQ of Fixes to Message Not Sent Service not Activated on Network
1. What does MMS not supported by the network mean?
You’re not enabled for your data connection or your current pack doesn’t have MMS service. If your pack has MMS service then not enabled service.
2. How do I activate MMS on my network?
1. Go to Settings
2. Scroll down and open “Messages”
3. Scroll down you can find MMS Messaging, tap and Enable.
For Android :
1. Go to Settings
2. Search and open Mobile Network
3. Then enable the MMS setting on Access point Names(APNs)
3. Why do I get message service not activated on the network?
The simple reasons causing this error is
1. sending MMS charge is expensive in your country
2. MMS service is not available in your current package.
3. While sending messages you are added emojis, links, pictures, contact details, or other unsupported formats, etc.
4. Sometimes long sms cause the same issue.
I hope you found the perfect solution for the Message Not Sent Service not Activated on Network error on your device. It worked for many users.
This is a common problem and you can fix it easily. I hope you enjoyed this article and if you’re facing any issues related to this feel free to contact us. I’m always ready to help. Thank you!